Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Francis, the Mauritius

This boy came to enrol in the Hub. He went to my house on one weekend in Kota Tinggi with Edison.

We flew kites at the football field in front of the District Officer's house. I taught him to tie the thread and how to roll the thread to a used can. This boy was to enthu that he did not observe fully what I did.

He successfully flew his kite till he finished with all the thread. But..... he did not fastened the thread unto the can....his kite flew away. He was very very sad, yelling 'my kite' 'my kite' but it never returned.

I consoled him and discussed with him where he had gone wrong. We went to get a new spool of thread and he will try to fly again when he goes back to his 'boat'. He has been on the boat travelling round the world with his parents for the past 5 years.

No comments: